View Single Post
Hunni Bee 10:45 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by racemom:
I have a 2 1/2 yo dcg, mom does everything for her. I honestly think if it was up to mom she would stay here and follow dcg around doing things for her all day. Dcg doesn't talk or move when mom is here. She is very verbal and talks more like a 4 year old, until mom walks in, then she is a baby. Her favorite word is help me. She can get her coat on but only after this conversation:

Me: Ok, let's put our coats on so we can go outside.

Dcg: dumb stare

Me: ok dcg get your coat off your hook.

Dcg: I can't, help me.

Me: no, you can do it yourself, remember you did it yesterday.

Dcg: takes coat off hook. And stands stating at me.

Me: good, now put your coat on.

Dcg: help me

Me: remember you lay it down on the floor, put your hands in and flip it over your head.

Dcg: lays coat down and stares at me.

Me: ok, lean over and put your hands in your sleeves.

And so it goes until we finally get it on, and start over with hat, and then gloves.

And then I swear to myself that I will go to the liquor store at nap. Lol
My daughter does this. But she knows we have very limited time in the morning and she knows I will eventually coach her through every step or do it for her because we. Have. To. Leave!

This morning. Went in the bathroom. Sat on the toilet til I told her to wipe. Wiped, stood with the tissue in her hand til I yelled for her to be done and brush her teeth. Flushed, washed hands and got her toothbrush at the speed of a 90 year old sloth. Then stood there with her hand on the faucet waiting to be told to turn it on.
Then Scary Mommy took over.

Why do they do this??