View Single Post
Blackcat31 05:21 PM 05-26-2012
Originally Posted by jokalima:
Another question,

I charge 145.00 for infants and 140.00 for 2+, I really want to charge 175.00 to be at the same rate that the other providers in my area. My contract says I can't raise up my fees more than 15.00 a week, so obviously with them I can't get what I want/need. So I am going to raise the 140 to 155 and the 145 to 160, the 160 family's child turns 2 in a couple of months, should I the give them the same rate of 155 that the other family is going to have or leave them @ 160.00?

I would raise their rate to the rate you now WANT to charge. I would also remove that part about not being able to raise the rates more than $15 per week. That is a nice concept but you are already seeing how it is not working for you.

I also had an interview a couple of weeks ago with a mom, I told her I would charge her 186.00 for her 2 kids part time 3 days a week, I completely regret doing that and just before my changes, what should I do about that? They have not started yet, she wants to visit with the kids before making a decision and I just don't know what to tell her because honestly IDK if that price is going to work.

I would call that mom back and let her know that you were wrong about the rate you quoted her and then give her the correct rate and tell her if she is still interested, to cal you or let you know. Just because you said something to an interviewing mom doesn't mean it is set in stone. You can always go back and change it. Tell her you weren't thinking or that you mis-quoted. It happens. You are human. Give her the rate you want to charge.
Also, i am not insured, does anyone knows about how much does it cost to have DC insurance?
I answered in bold above.

Here is a link to where I get child care liability insurance. Pretty reasonable I think: http://acainc.org/insurance_family.html