View Single Post
Mom2Two 01:08 PM 12-13-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I’ve done the choices and have said the part about having to pick him up to help him leave nicely and it ends in him screaming and kicking while I’m carrying him away and it’s definitely not just school where he runs amok. He does it at home and other public places too and never wants to listen to me. That leads me to yelling and feeling bad. This all just started a couple of months ago when he turned 3 and I haven’t been consistent 24/7 so I know it’s my fault too. But I’ve finally had enough and want to help him (and myself) know how to act properly.
Three years old can be a rough age. DS was an angel when he was two but not so much at three.

About the daycare one, is there anyway you could (humbly, respectfully) ask the provider for help? Meaning, I'm sure that your child is not the only one who does this. Maybe gate off the pick up area?

Personally, when possible, I act as a physical barrier for those who like to sprint off. I joke that they are only going "One Direction" just like boy band.

In the stores, I gave DS a choice between behaving and staying close or riding in the cart. I had once or twice when I had to leave my cart and just take him out to the car, but for the most part it worked.

It sure can get exhausting, though, to constantly have these power struggles with kids!