Thread: Two Bite Rule
View Single Post
Heidi 09:19 AM 07-24-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
What do you do when its the whole group saying they are done and want down?

I have one that is a great eater but the minute someone says they are done, so is this child, even if the first child is really done.

Also, I have a child that will repeat over and over and over they are done till they can get down. Thats all they will say-I'm done, I'm done,I'm done,etc. until you let them get down.
-put only small amounts on each plate so that there's less waste (literally 2 bites of each food). Have the rest available for refills when their plate is empty. Then, any left overs can be frozen for another meal.

-If a child is seriously grossed-out by something, don't push it. Encourage, but some things are gross to some people.

-If they keep wanting milk refills, limit it to food program standards, and only give small refills. I will sometimes make them wait on refills until they've eaten something.

-If someone doesn't want to eat, they can sit at the table and visit with their friends until at least (insert #) people are done. This can be said in a positive way...like an invitation, not a punishment. I also sit with the kids most days, and make either eat with them, or take a small plate and more or less pretend to eat with them...lol

-Disruptive people are excused...period....they can go sit on the couch until everyone else is done. You can bet the minute that happens I'll decide to read an extra story. All my kids LOVE stories...so missing out stinks!