Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Annalee 11:48 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
By the time he starts kindergarten he will be 6 and four months. They want him to be able to go when a good friend goes so they can be in the same class. We only have two kindergarten classes and parents can request. These are the two the depend on each other for everything so I think holding him back isn't the best for this reason. I have no kiddo's his age for next year as all his age will be in school so the next child close to his age just turned four. He is very ready and I think it would be excellent for him to be around more than the kiddo's I have here.

My daughter turned 6 the month after starting kindergarten and was pretty bored as she was way ahead of the kid because she had been with me an extra year. Wasn't challenging for her and it actually started holding her back from learning because she had to wait for the other kids to catch up.
The maturity is why I held back, not the learning. My nephew was able to skip first grade and go straight to second grade from kindergarten....about 4th grade, his parents regretted it but did not change it.he went to college at 17....now is 20 and we can still see the repercussions of making these decisions for him. He will be fine, but the first two years of college were extremely difficult for him not from a grade standpoint but a "ready for the situation, maturity" standpoint.