Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
HappyEverAfter 08:26 PM 04-25-2018
Dcb is crawling across hardwood floor to me, his hand slips and causes his head to fall and he hit his mouth on the wood. I immediately scooped him up and looked and sure enough his lip was busted. He cried and his lip bled but both stopped less than 2 minutes later after I applied a cold washcloth. I texted parents to let them know and they asked if his tooth was okay. It was and I told them so. Dcb did fine the rest of the day, playing, eating and napping normally. At pick up, dcm makes the comment “that’s what happens when you don’t watch him.” Uh, I WAS watching him. He was the only kid there. He had my FULL attention. I was sitting on the floor in an open area playing with him. Was I holding him nonstop? No. I was letting him crawl around. Kids his age fall all the time when learning to crawl and walk. It was a busted lip, not a broken leg. And it was handled immediately. And reported to parents immediately. I really hate snide commentary that has no purpose other than to make me feel inferior.