Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Indoorvoice 02:40 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Just because you've been laid back about it doesn't mean you can't change it now...

I would write up a memo or short note letting parents know that you were kind enough to not have a policy about being late because your clients were all respectful enough to not abuse your generosity and take advantage but now that is no longer the case so you are implementing a new late policy.

You don't have to go from 0-10 on the strictness scale but you can compromise....maybe give each family 3 "get out of jail" free cards per year... use when necessary but if they are late more than 3X then have a fee. A stiff fee so they use those 3 free passes wisely and not for silly things like running with friends.
Oh I know. All of you are spot on and BC, I HEAR your voice in my head whenever I need to enforce something... and then I just don't. I seriously don't know what my problem is. I know what I NEED to do, but talk myself out of it every time. At this point, I can't even blame the parents. It's MY fault for being a push over. I just wish I could be nice and understanding AND get have people follow rules without a million reminders.