Thread: Breastfeeding
View Single Post
DaveA 06:41 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Young infant feedings cannot and should not be scheduled. I'd make an attempt at discretion but babies don't always cooperate. IF a boob is sexual...a bottle is too since it's a fake boob

edited to add: any adult that has perverted or inappropriate thoughts about a woman feeding a baby probably shouldn't be anywhere near anyone's children anyway
You had my agreement till you made that statement. To go to if someone has a thought (not an action or treatment) toward an adult they are somehow now a danger to children is ridiculous. Yes- women feeding their child is natural and should not be discouraged or frankly even be noticed. But to go to "shouldn't be anywhere near anyone's children" is beyond judgemental. Things can serve multiple purposes. Women's breasts are for feeding & have a sexual component. There are whole industries built to both sides of that equation. To say someone who treats a client professionally but remembers the joke "Why are boobs like toy cars? They're built for the kids but it's the dads who plays with them!" shouldn't be around children is not something I'm going to say is a valid or good arguement.

One of the best teachers I used to work with a teacher was lesbian. She made my rather dark and inappropriate sense of humor look like Mr. Rogers. She used to tell me some jokes that made me blush. She would never be unprofessional or inappropriate to a client. But I'd bet that the next time she saw me after seeing a DCM she thought was cute (a favorite topic of hers to me to get me laughing or blushing) nursing would be to tell me she almost volunteered to be a taste tester. Was she a danger to children?

I know I'm coming down like a ton of bricks and I've tried to clean this up. But this tripped my "a$$hole switch" immediately. It hits too close to some of the crap I dealt with in centers from people who didn't want me around infants or even in the building because I happen to pee standing up.