View Single Post
Jo123ABC 12:27 PM 10-14-2020
I've mostly preferred teacher parents over non- teacher parents actually. I try to snatch them up for my daycare. They are the easiest to work with I think. I have one that works a different job in the summer and another who does part time usually though I've made it clear I may not always be able to do that. She often switches to full time the beginning of August anyway so really it's only 2 months of part-time care. If part-time is a possibility for you this year maybe you could try to work with them and offer that but make it clear that you don't know what your situation will be next year. If you have more than one teacher family or if they have two kids maybe they could switch days so it functions like a full spot split between 2 kids. My part time teacher family has two kids. One is school age so I can have her on top of the 7 under age 5. She'd bring her two kids three days a week so I actually made more money than I would with one full time kid. Does that make any sense? I know of daycares who only take teachers kids then they get their summers off! They probably have a higher rate but teachers prefer them for the summers off.