View Single Post
laundrymom 06:07 AM 03-06-2013
This quoted response is what I would have done.

In my honest opinion, I think the entire bottom portion of your original post was an invitation for trouble. I would have given 2weeks, smiled and wished them well.

As for the pennies, rofl. That's funny, I don't care who you are.

I would never have gotten into a pi$$ing match through email. Each mail you sent sounded more and more like you were whining that she had moved on. I think mom was very professional ( until the pennies) and you did term in writing effective immediately. No matter your words w dad, you spelled out in black and white the words that made her feel unwelcome. If I were mom, I would have not been as professional.

I'm really not a mean person, look through my previous posts, I simply am honest with what I see and behind every post I make is 26 years of being a licensed family childcare provider. I hope not to offend. Good luck with however you choose to respond, personally I would write a reciept, send it out and move on.
Originally Posted by jen:
I don't think that you were at all wrong for terminating. The one thing I have learned (the hard way) is it is best not to get in to these conversations with parents. They are hurt and upset and you just can't win.

Short and sweet!

For termination: Due to incompatible schedules I will no longer be able to care for your child as of (two weeks). If you find alternative care prior to that date, please feel free to begin that care immediately. For the remainder of his time with me I will need a schedule for each week by Sunday evening. If you have not arrived within 30 minutes of your scheduled arrival time I will need to send home my assistant home and I will no longer be able to accomodate you for that day.

In response to the other stuff: "I am sorry that you feel that way. It was certainly not my intention. We think dcb is a wonderful child and will thrive in the appropriate setting.