View Single Post
storybookending 07:36 PM 12-18-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Whether they are paid year round or not is irrelevant.

They are still paid a YEARLY salary.
A salary they agreed to when they accepted the job.

I refuse to lose money due to someone else's career choice. If I did that (gave discounts etc) Id have to do the same for all the loggers and other professions in our area that also work seasonally.
Oh yeah I wasn’t speaking in terms of daycare really at all, just in defense of the teachers. It just kind of sucks that this big fancy act like they are above everyone else district doesn’t have the option for them when the “lesser” important smaller schools treat their teachers a million times better. Either way it’s the same salary, they just need to budget better during the year to make up for it. SIL has never once complained about paying me, although I do give her special treatment, I was just speaking about my local district in general. Frankly I’d watch my niece for free if I could afford it. I went to a school in a neighboring town that is considered “lesser” the education I received was no different than the one the kids at the big fancy school received. At least my teachers were happy and turn around wasn’t as crazy as it is at the big school.