View Single Post
Solandia 10:30 AM 05-23-2012
Part of it is the time of year, too.

April/May is always the worst...we also homeschool, and probably 80%+ of homeschoolers that I talk to get really frustrated this time of year, too. Summer is a crazy fun, busy time of year...the fall is exciting with the new school year & TONS of holidays (labor day, columbus day, halloween, thanksgiving, christmas). Then...nothing except Easter from Jan-May...and really... Easter isnt all that fun in comparison. By April/May, everyone has been in a holding pattern of boredom for months...just waiting it out until summer. Even now, it is summer-ish...BUT the pool isn't open until this weekends, and gosh...lets just get out of this rut already!

Even without the seasonal cycle...in every job I had, I get super bored about every 6-9months,and I have to shake things up a bit. Take a class, make plans about the kids' classes, curriculum....bring something new into the daycare or do a major re-org or redecorate. Declutter. Dh & I have been married for almost 15years...he doesn't even bat an eyelash when he comes home and nothing is where he left it in the morning. LOL