View Single Post
TwinKristi 03:02 PM 10-11-2013
So is up front payment not common on here? I really don't know any providers who take a check at the end of the week because of this. Doing month or bi-weekly invoices to pay for upcoming services makes life so much easier. I'm going to try and do an invoice system and new contract after the 1st of the year since SO many things have changed in the last 2 months. The only kids who pay after services are a family with a year round schedule and I watch them a few days a week when dad can't but it's never a for sure thing and they're SA so it's not contracted care.
I had one mom, a friend of mine for 20yrs, and she was the worst at paying. Only once in 18mos did she pay me on the first day for the whole month and maybe twice did she pay two timely payments in the month. I sent reminder texts and friendly requests at drop off and she forgot or left her checkbook or the ATM wasn't working. 18 months! You would think I was happy to see them go last month! LOL One mom always pays on time for the month for our contracted 4 days and pays for occasional drop-in 5th day but usually does at pick up. She forgot once last month for 2 days and then forgot to sign the check she finally remembered. I didn't charge a late fee because I appreciate the extra days and I know she wasn't trying to pull a fast one plus prepaid for the contracted days. My other mom makes 2 payments a month and once her mom forgot to pay for a couple days she usually watches him and I know they just forgot. But after the first of the year I think I'm going to get serious about late payments.