View Single Post
Unregistered 06:32 AM 07-31-2020
I never did transportation for SA kids UNLESS at the time they went to my own kids' specific school. They had to find a way to ensure they could get to my home. Either they're close enough to walk, get dropped off at the bus stop and walk, or a ride was to be provided by a parent/guardian or designee. There are way too many schools close by, and all get out within 3-5 mins of each other; it would be too risky for me to have offered to give rides no matter how close they were, unless in an emergency.

Our district is sending k-5 back in person in a few weeks. There is little evidence to suggest this age group spreads Covid 19 easily, so I am not worried about that. If you don't want to offer SA care, and it's just in general, I wouldn't mention Covid at ALL. Eventually, it will cycle itself out like the Flu. Everyone WILL get it at some point, whether they carry it or get sick from it. It's a matter of time. Therefore, I would not have my letter say anything about it. I would simply say "As of (the start of school) ABC daycare will be unable to provide before/after SA care and/or transportation." and that's it. Now, the other side is: will you do breaks? (Summer, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring break, other holidays, summer?) If no, then put something like "ABC daycare has moved the program to take ages 0-5 (and not in Kindergarten) only., Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter".