View Single Post
Unregistered 03:41 PM 04-03-2010
I have my own private day care center so this is from that perspective. I have, in the past, simply moved a non-trained child, that was otherwise ready to move up, to the next age group and had the teacher in the preschool group call the toddler group aid to come take the child to the toddler room for changing when he/she needed it. I also make it clear to the parent that toilet training has to have already begun at home and at school. In addition, I still charge the toddler tuition rate until that child is trained. Usually the extra fee is enough to motivate the unmotivated parent to begin the training process. I also have a very detailed package I hand out to parents when they mention the words 'toilet training' to me. It often prevents parents from beginning training too early for a child who really isn't ready and guides parents of children who are ready through the process and keeps us all on the same page. I find if all the staff and the parents are doing the training the same way it cuts back on so many issues. Hope this helps.