View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:52 PM 03-19-2014
Originally Posted by Stepping:
I have the same issue here with 4 current families expecting new siblings. I'm thinking of writing up a new policy which states that I will hold spots for up to two months with a months deposit but that I will be actively recruiting other clients to fill any empty spaces up until that two month period.

I'm not sure how to word it though. Did you write a new policy for this situation?
The person you quoted posted that in 2011. I don't think she has been an active poster for a long while now...just in case you were hoping for a reply.

Anyways, since you have so many families actually needing the space, I would simply tell them that the first parent that pays for the space gets it.

I would require FULL payment the minute the space is open or the space is considered "available".

I would take FULL advantage of the fact that they all want the space. You run a business and this is one of those business opportunities that you can capitalize on.... I know a lot of providers would say that is too money orientated but I do not hide the fact that I am in this profession to make money...not friends so I wouldn't give any type of discount to anyone.

Once the infant space is open, the person who wants/needs it should have to pay to hold it.

You shouldn't take a financial loss of any kind since you aren't the one having a new baby that needs daycare space.