View Single Post
Soccermom 05:20 PM 03-29-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I think you need to shop somewhere else. Because you can get bags of carrots cheap, and ranch dressing is under 2 dollars (buy no name or on sale) and there is no way children would go thru a whole bottle, 1 tblsp. per child is plenty for dipping and you I would give them water for snack. A bottle of juice should easily last you 2 days, unless you are letting them drink to their hearts content and filling their cups all the way to the top. Yesterday I fed 5 kids and for snack they had veggie crackers and waters (they are on a veggie craker kick lately and all they want to do is eat those crackers) 1 box cost me 1.49 from walmart, that was for snack in the morning and at night, and I had school ager come later and even he had enough for after none snack.
I probably feed them too much. I try to get in a couple of food groups per snack. I guess I do it more for my own kids and then I have to give everyone the same. I will do crackers but I will give them cheese too and some apple juice. I will do apples but add PB for dipping and milk to drink. If there isn't one already we should start a cheap and healthy snack idea thread