View Single Post
littlemissmuffet 06:46 PM 03-29-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
first off, THERE IS NO FOOD PROGRAM HERE IN CANADA. Sorry for the caps but it seems that people don't understand no matter how many times its mentioned.
Now, seriously, are you saying that snacks are costing you so much money that you can't afford it. What are you serving the children. A bag of of carrots cost about a dollar, add sum ranch dressing and you can easily feed children for less than 25 cents a snack. I would like to also know then, "what are the parents pay for" when they have to supply food. Sorry, but I find it odd that feeding children is costing people so much money. If its costing you so much, then you need to look at what you buy and where you shop.
I coupon, buy almost everything on sale and will shop at 10 diffrent stores to get the best deal - and it's still very expensive feeding my kids healhty and nutritious meals... but then again, I knew coming into this business that food would be the bulk of my costs.

I would, however, like to tell you that I think your "what are the parents paying for?" comment was pretty annoying. My parents pay for my TIME... which by the way, ends up only being a few bucks an hour - not nearly enough, but it is what it is. LOL, food is just a bonus for them, not to mention all the extras I pay for out of my own pocket.