View Single Post
youretooloud 07:37 AM 03-22-2011
If you walk into an emergency room, they treat you... they don't ask for insurance until you've been treated. If you don't pay your bill, you can still go back for another emergency, and if you don't pay that bill, you can keep going back.

Since it's not free, someone has to pay for it.

Originally Posted by :
But the CIS report actually put the costs of food stamp, WIC and free school lunch programs to "illegal alien households" at $1.9 billion, not the $2.2 billion
Even that is too much. Our state is broke. We don't have that. Our schools are broke... we need other services in our schools too. Our schools have between 1000-2000 kids in each grade school. Each grade has about six classes, each class has about 30-40 kids in it.

I know several illegals... I know several who do it legally. They aren't citizens, but they are legal... and they pay taxes. They stay here for three years, then one of them goes back to Mexico to get new documentation, then they come back. They are married, so they stagger the times they go back to Mexico so one of them is always here. They would like dual citizenship because they have family in Mexico. But, dual citizenship is very hard to get.

If the govt wants to help.. they need to make immigration easier to do. Or, they need to help the illegals get to other states to work. They could be given bus vouchers, or the state they choose to go to can pay to relocate them safely to their state of choice. That way, the cost to support them will be spread out among the other states, instead of the border states.

I think they deserve to come here for a better life. I just think the government needs to make it easier so they aren't illegal. Otherwise, illegal means nothing. The government isn't willing to help us, or help the immigrants get here without having to cross the desert.

What you don't hear in the news is how many immigrants die every day trying to get here. They die in the desert, they are killed by the Coyotes, (smugglers) they die in drop houses, they are sold when they get here, they are held against their will, they are kept in drop houses with no electricity for weeks but aren't given enough food. Human smugglers steal our vehicles to smuggle people or drugs, then leave the vehicle in the desert. They steal horses from ranches on the border and use the horses to carry drugs, then they leave the horses to die in the desert.

Our government is doing it wrong.... But, the citizens shouldn't have to pay the price for the government's lack of common sense.