View Single Post
E Daycare 09:29 AM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by TBird:
I have to agree with what you said about the doctor thing. What you should do about daycare or school should be one of the FIRST THINGS out of the doctor's mouth......"You can (or can't) bring the baby back to daycare for X amount of days." Plus, she should have asked if he didn't tell her. Some of these parents are SO clueless!!!

But anyway, it seems like this mom flat out LIED. I don't know if I would terminate, but I dang sure wouldn't let the child back into my care for the rest of the week or without a doctor's note!!!
I ALWAYS ask when I go to the doctors "is my son contagious? I run a home daycare and need to know so I can inform my parents properly". I would also ask if he was in daycare and school. I think its only right as a parent to not pass onto another family my childs disease. Common sense tells me that and its not just because I work with kids. I did this when he was a infant and going to a home day care. I dont want my child infecting others and vice versa. I think thats the moral thing to do. My old work couldve shoved it, if my son was sick for 3 weeks I wouldve stayed home.

Why is it so difficult for parents to take care of their sick kids???