Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
kidkair 04:03 PM 01-17-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Yeah...this is why I'm glad I'm not on a food program. Although, Americans *DO* need more protein in their diets, as a whole, and many fewer grains. You are right about everything else though. I don't give milk with meals, just water, or occasionally with breakfast or a snack. I count other calcium/protein sources instead. Good luck finding a happy medium, and kudos for realizing that the government's idea of "healthy" is NOT. Nor is it scientific or anything. It's dumb.
Here's the site I was reading about protein: http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/protein.html

I'm not even sure what to believe at this point. I'm not going off the food program because I'm not sure what the parents would say if I all of a sudden said "I'm going off the food program and no longer serving milk or meat." Not that I'd be that blunt. For now at least I'll just play along with the gov't but maybe start offering water along side the milk and start serving the kids family style and make the veggie dishes far more delicious than the meat and grains.