Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
momma2girls 12:15 PM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by E Daycare:
I have one 2yr old that only gets a paci at nap but insists on trying to climb the highest mountain to get it throughout the day. He's a bear in the morning and comes in sucking on one so mom can get him out the door. As soon as he comes in I take it and it's meltdown city. Every time since August. I want to start cutting them (paci). Drives me nuts!!!

I also have a baby (4 mo) that needs one every minute of every day regardless. If it falls out when she sleeps it's screaming bloody murder. So far every half hour it sounds like she's being murdered cause it falls out. She can't do tummy time or she screams. Doesn't do anything without it. Only time she's happy is when she's sucking on it or the bottle. Ate 4 oz for me today (she's been here 7 hrs) and just wants the paci.

Please if you see me, kidnap me!!!
Calgon take me away!!!
I had a 1 3/4 yr. old, still with a paci 24/7- I recently placed a new policy in the newsletter regarding pacis. At the age of one, your child should be paci free, if they cannot go without it at naptime, lovies, blankets, they will be kept in their pack and play for naptime only. This little boy is almost 2, parents still have his pacifier in at home, on the way here, etc.. he onlly receives it at naptime only here, and he has done fine with it. I was so sick of him coming in, trying to get it away from him, screaming, etc. then if he let it fall out of his mouth, then the other one yr. old would have it in her mouth, or going to her mouth, losing it, etc. etc.... The Mom didn't understand it at first. Just like his lovie/blanket, he only has that at naptime as well. When he had it here, all the time, if a child, even touched it, he would scream bloody murder. UGHH!!!!!! It's worked very well here!! He still is only saying about 4-5 words, because of the paci being in his mouth, which I think is terrible, but I am not his parents!