View Single Post
momma2girls 09:44 AM 08-18-2010
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
So it's my 3rd day of daycare. First day, none of the slept at all. The "almost 3" year old was a mess and would not even lay on his mat. The 2 five year olds stayed quiet and still, but of course no sleeping.

Yesterday, 3 year old-out! 5 year old-out! The other 5 year old laid down for an hour, then I let her get up and play on the computer.

Today, I have two 2 year olds and the two 5s. They are quiet but no one can seem to relax their bodies! We sleep in my own living room and I have their mat's spread out...but any other suggestions for keeping them from looking at each other and rolling around?
What I do is let them watch a movie or tv(nick jr. or PBS) for 1/2 hr. to unwind, while they lay down on their blankets or mats. Then I shut it off and they all know it is then time for naptime- they stay on their mats or blankets, til I come and get them for snacktime-they do not have to sleep at all, as long as they are quiet. I have the school aged children upstairs reading books, outside fun, etc. as long as they are quiet, I do allow the older ones to watch a movie also if they would like to. If I have younger ones they go into their pack and plays into seperate rooms so they sleep good. If I have one that will not stay still after constant reminders, they will have to sleep on their own, in another room. I forgot one thing, we read stories before tv time or movie time.