View Single Post
Unregistered 07:21 PM 09-10-2012
I am heartbroken. I have a 2 year old who goes to a church daycare. I just got notice they are closing in 2 weeks b/c they don't have enough kids. My husband wants to look into a home daycare. His 2 older kids went to a home daycare when they were little and he/they loved it.

As for me, home daycares make me nervous. We have an interview for one on Wednesday. The provider had closed her daycare last year and is re-opening it. My daughter would go from a class of 3-4 to being the only kid for a while. As oddly as that sounds, I don't really like that. I want her to be around other kids. She likes playing with other kids and since she's the only kid at home I want her to learn and know how to interact and play with other kids.

Also, the church daycare, if a teacher was sick another one would cover for her. With a home provider, if she's sick, I'm screwed for daycare for that day or couple of days. How does that affect other parents? Does it happen often?

I have a ton of questions to ask her on Wednesday, but I'm really not going into this with an open mind. I just really loved her daycare. She loved it and the teachers really loved her and all the other kids.

Also, with her being at the church, I could pop in and check on her when I wanted. My dad would sometimes go in to see her for a few minutes too. With a home daycare I don't know if the provider would let me do that.

Maybe I'll look for another church.........