View Single Post
sunlight 06:05 AM 06-14-2013
I am a provider in the PDX area as well. I currently have two families who live pretty close to the area where the playschool listed a few postings above is located. These two families would have loved to enroll their child in a "center" type child care but ultimately enrolled with me because I offer some of the same things for a much more reasonable price. They end up having to comute to me which I think is a down side for them. They have both been with me for two years now. As far as being competitive in my rates compared to other providers in my area I think we all charge about the same give or take $100 a month. Almost all the providers have a preschool program so that isn't a selling feature anymore. It was about 6 years ago! I am Eco friendly to a point. I still have carpet in the living room and bedrooms and hardwood everywhere else. I use Green cleaning products and offer many whole foods and some Organic as well. Out of all my current families only two are "Green" the rest don't really seem that interested in that. They ALL just want to know that I am taking the best possible care of their child/children, am open early and close late, and don't take very much time off. This alone has been my number one selling feature! I am very reliable. My location is close to a major road so I am very accessible. So far I am going on 13 years in child care and so far so good Hope this gives another point of view on the subject.