View Single Post
TwinKristi 03:50 PM 06-25-2014
It's kinda crazy I know, but I do NOT trust drs. There is too much liability in it for them so they cover their butt every chance they get. This dr's POV almost proves it even more. They don't see anything wrong with having a contagious illness in my daycare and will voluntarily send the parent with a note releasing them back with sympathy that their big bad DCP won't let little Timmy come back with a green snotty nose and goopy eyes.
I have been told SO many different lies by different doctors over the years its hard for me to trust any of them. I trust our own pediatrician more than probably any other doctor I've known but even he admits he's made mistakes! Recently I requested a doctor's note for a DCB before returning because he had these sores on his mouth and they looked awful. Mom kept him home and everything but the dr released him with a note that was so stupid... "Johnny can return when his sores are no longer active"... Uh DUH! LOL That didn't really tell me anything! I already told her that to begin with. They had done a culture but didn't know what it was at that point. Of course that was a new client's first week and his first day back the sores were scabbed up and almost gone but his face still looked tore up from the sore scars. Ugh! They were like "ummm... what's up with the..." and points to their mouth while looking at little Johnny. I assured them that it wasn't contagious and that he was released back to care and had been out an entire week before. I also assured them of my illness exclusion policy and that I had just sent another DCG home sick with a fever and lethargy. I don't do it often, but when I do it's for a good reason. Why should this dr make such a large and ignorant blanket statement which then gives these entitled parents already pushing the limits with illnesses another excuse to bring their kids and then refuse to take them! This Dr is setting herself up for some serious backlash! I saw the FB page but wasn't signed in. I read the comments and she tries to backstep and say "minor illnesses"... well HELLO? Who is excluding for minor illnesses?? Most professionals have an illness policy in place and do allow for minor illnesses! But to say a feverish child should be at childcare is ridiculous!