View Single Post
areyoulightning 07:10 PM 10-28-2014
I am the mother of an 8-month-old boy. He has been going to daycare full-time for 5 months. Me and my husband really like our daycare provider, and so does our son.

About a month ago, our son started having trouble napping at daycare. His nighttime sleep was getting worse, too -- we went from 1 wakeup to 3. We were gone on a family vacation for a while, and returned home where his sleep worsened. Right now, we're sleep training him (Sleepeasy) and nightweaning him. He's starting to get much more sleep at night! We're on night 4 right now.

Unfortunately, his naps aren't improving. Before we started Sleepeasy, he would sometimes just cry and cry unless he was held. I had to pick him up a couple of times because he was so upset and wouldn't sleep or play. There are probably a couple of things going on, including teething, that are making this so hard.

My provider and I have been in regular contact about my son's sleeping and different methods we can try to help him. Still, I worry that we are in danger of getting kicked out of daycare because of my son's trouble napping/crying.

Can anyone give me any insight about how likely we are to be kicked out? And if you have any tips on how to nap train a cranky 8 month old, please pass them on!