View Single Post
Unregistered 11:23 AM 07-24-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a parent of a 3 yr old boy. Mom is first one here to drop off. Last one to pick up. Mom only works part time. Child spends alot of time with step-grandparent in what many would call an unsafe environment. Eats nothing but fast food and junk. He is always tired and never on a schedule. He can get aggressive and has spent a large amount of his time with me in time out. The other kids seem to have a love hate relationship with him. Mostly because his temperament is so unpredictable. This boy has a father and although he does spend time with him, it's usually doing things like fishing until 2am or playing video games with friends online until the wee hours of the morning. When mom comes to pick up, she's usually in a hurry and is sort of detached from her son. He tries to tell her things he did during the day but she usually just tells him to stop talking and get his shoes on so they can go. She says "hurry up" to him alot. When she drops off, she is almost always on her phone and just walks DCB inside, signs him in and leaves without saying much more than a quick bye. DCB attends 5 days a week from open to close. The remaining time away from care is usually spent on the go or with random friends or family members.
This hurts my heart. A good example of a human that gave birth and is not a mother.