View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 11:46 AM 07-24-2018
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
I just want to add that for me, daycare WAS unique in how much I took it so personally. As a server, I may judge, but I really don't care. I am an equal opportunity tip taker! Everyone gets the same service and I make great money, but it is an experience that lasts less than hour in most cases.

As for daycare, I stopped regular daycare due to family stuff, but I do drop in care (a lot of my server friends have young kids). I help parents when they work and I am way more selective on kids. I like that I can control who I work with and I take raising kids very personal, so it is a really awesome experience when you have a great family who really cares. I also like that I can detach and take no kids when I am feeling disenchanted with parents. So while I don't think venting or judgement is unique to daycare, maybe the reason for those sentiments is coming from a different, more personal, place. I give myself timeouts from it all, so I'm not sure what the answer is, but I just think it is tough to see so many kids struggling and so many adults just wandering around worried about themselves.
This nailed it for me. I don't know how to adequately explain my thoughts I guess. I don't really think I'm being hypocritical (BC I'm not picking on you, I swear lol ) For example, I honestly feel terrible for a few of my kids that don't get that time with mom and dad when an older sibling does and it's constantly. I look on some of my parents fb pages and it's constant pics of older sibling doing stuff with them and none with the one I have. Some will even say that they can't take younger one with them because he/she acts up so bad. I want to say so bad that he/she is looking for attention. It makes no difference to me personally if they come or not, pick up early or not because it doesn't make my day shorter at all. It's not about me. I honestly feel empathy for the child, so that's why I don't feel like I'm judging in that particular way I guess. When I see the faces on the brother and sister on Fridays when kid after kid gets picked up and they get so excited and then disappointed when it's not their mom and she picks up almost 3 hours after she's done working and they're the last ones here? That makes me sad for them.