View Single Post
HappyEverAfter 09:42 PM 11-03-2017
People are so ridiculous these days. I cannot believe they would do this to you. What a nightmare over nothing!

Personally, I use time out with my 15mth old. We just began using it this month and it seems to be helping. The way I do mine is, she gets two verbal rule reminders/warnings and if the behavior continues I take her to the time out spot in the corner of the hallway (where there are no visual distractions) and stand there with her for 30-60 seconds. When time is up, I get down on her level, remind her to follow the rules, give her a hug and tell her she can go play now. It works well usually. Often one warning is all I have to give her. She understands what a "no-no" is and if you ask her what happens if you do a no-no, she will point to the corner of the hallway and say "no-no". Both her parents and I feel time out is appropriate for her. Out of curiosity, for those who say they don't do time out, what do you do for discipline of 1-2yr olds? I'd love to have other options if I ever needed them.