Thread: Great Books!
View Single Post
Kiki 06:52 AM 06-07-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Duma Key (fantastic read),The Regulators.

Probably NOT daycare.com forum appropriate and absolutely a pointless but VERY entertaining read is the "50 Shades of Grey" trilogy.
Not at all quality writing and very shallow but once you start reading, it is hard to put down.
Duma Key! Loved it! TBH-When DH first bought it for me, I couldn't get past the first chapter, so it sat on my bookshelf for about a year. I kicked myself after I picked it up again because it was a fantastic book. That is another that I've read several times. If you've read The Regulators, have you also read Desperation? The plots don't exactly tie together, but it gives you a tad more background on The Regulators.
Also, one last thing I love about King, is how his books are semi tied together in one way or another. You don't really notice it on your first read through them, but if you've ever re-read them, you'll say to yourself..'Hey! That person is from xx, how the heck did they get here?!'

I've heard about the 50 Shades from my mom, but I haven't heard anyone else suggest them, I'll have to check them out.

I haven't bought any new reads in quite some time as my favorite used book store here moved to Kanab, (a long, long, long ways away from me.) and I hate E-Readers, I have to have the book in my hand to be able to read!