View Single Post
Blackcat31 11:41 AM 06-19-2012
He needs to be your shadow for a few days until he learns to appropriately handle his frustrations and use his words. I am betting he hits because it is easiest and probably nets him the results he is looking for. I would not allow him to be away from my side until he got a better handle on his impulse control. After a day of shadowing, I would attempt small increments of playtime wihtout you to see if he is making better choices and not hitting. If he is still hitting, then back to being your shadow again.

Rinse and repeat.

What do his parents say about his behavior? I would not allow this to continue without some sort of progress as one child should never be allowed to put the other children at risk...kwim? So unless you see some good support from parents and positive results from child, I would put that star on the calendar and be ready to term if there is no improvement after a specified amount of days.

He isnt develpmentally delayed in anyway is he? Is he a normal 4 year old just add the hitting rather than being able to voice his frustrations? Just wanna make sure he is on par with his speech and other areas of development.