View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 12:48 PM 05-29-2013
Originally Posted by momofboys:
OK, so I got my postcards from Vista & they are INCREDIBLE - I am so impressed I would hire ME lol. Anyway, I just took a glance & downloaded the mailing list & i have to say I am a little skeptical & question its accuracy. I live in a small town (population @11,000-12,000 or so) & know a lot of people so I figure any list I do I will know some people on it. So I am looking at my list & lo & behold & I see a few families I know - one is a neighbor of ours & they go to church with us so we know their family well. This family's youngest child is a 1st grader, she is 6 or 7-years-old! I did targeted age of 2-3-year-olds. And guess what? I see 3 families I know & their youngest child is 5 or 6-years-old & they are ON THE LIST. Makes me really question how accurate this is. A little disappointed but hoping it is not a total waste of time.

***Just looked some more at the list & found one of my SA son's friend's family - their YOUNGESt is a 3rd grader!!!!!!!! I am seriously considering calling Vista & questioning this list.
I could see this happening. I know in my community people are very private and when the census people show up, people hide. I have no idea why but its true.

That being said, my address doesn't GPS. I did that on purpose. I like it that way. Ad won't change a thing. To be honest, if you don't know EXACTLY where I am, you will never find me. I doubt the census people will find me either considering I pass my own driveway at night lol.

I'm rambling but what I'm trying to say is that I can see where the more rural you are, the more inaccurate the data might be. However, if you send out say 150 mailings, some will be in error but you don't need even 10 of those to sign up.