View Single Post
Mike 07:22 PM 09-10-2017
I will be ready to start once I relocate, so if I do pre-advertise, it would state the start date.

I think the main thing I'm trying to figure out is if I should "test the waters" first, then decide if I move there, or if I should just "jump right in", move then advertise, and "hope for the best". Very unlikely that daycare will be a main income in a short time, but I need to know if it has the potential in my planned area before I relocate. Otherwise, I could end up relocating, finding no chance of business a year later, and have to move again to another area or city.

Most people are already living somewhere when they start daycare, and they just open there. I'm moving for a few reasons, one of which is no need in my area, so I have the opportunity to move to wherever business might work. That complicates things a bit, or does it. I've decided on 2 different cities. Instead of checking for the need in one of them, maybe I should just pick one and go. I guess the best thing to do is probably try to find out the need in those 2 cities through Facebook, Kijiji, etc, then just move and leave advertising until I get where I'm going.