View Single Post
Willow 12:45 PM 03-05-2013
Originally Posted by Starburst:
You know what, I am done feeding into this little passive-agressive game. These are my opionions and I am so tired of feeling like I have to defend them to you or anyone. I don't care what you think anymore; you have your opionions and that is fine I am just trying to let you know that the world isn't so black and white (Because if the world was black and white there would be no rainbows).

I believe kids are too sheltered as it is today and need some type of risks and adventure. Heck, when I was a younger kid I loved scary stories and learning about urban ledgens. When I was a little kid I loved hearing stories about witches, vampires, werewolves, ghosts, and monsters. In fact the only books I would read were from the 'Goosebumps' series. It was an adrenoline rush- like riding a roller coaster. Heck, I remember when I was a kid watching 'Oprah' and soap operas (shows made for adults- NOT kids) when they would talk about drugs and kid nappings; I have been offered rides from men between the ages of 9 -12 but I never accepted a ride no matter how hot it was or far my walk was and I have had older friends who offered me things but I never done drugs, smoked cigarrettes, or even drank (supprising I also grew up listening to rap and never did these things). I had one friend in high school who said she accepted a ride from a guy and by the end of that ride contracted herpes she was also known for drinking, smoking, and doing drugs-she just watched tweeny bopper shows on MTV.

If someone wants their kids to be wimpy generic robots that is fine but I want my future kids to have a little bit of adventure and learn different types of emotions- and that includes fear! Because fear is what helps keep us grounded and helps us realize that there are consequenses to all of our actions (some good and some bad). Fear is what stops us from doing something stupid or gambling away all the money we need to pay the bills. But when parents are too afraid they stop their kids from being exposed to anything scary but then their kids miss out on that oppertunity to know what fear is and may not learn when the risks out way the rewards.

Those are my personal expierinces and beliefs. This is not a black and white issue because there are always pros and cons to everything. But in my opionion I see far more pro than cons.

Yeah, I have no idea what you're talking about with any of your above....

Nowhere did I say kids should be sheltered or taught there isn't consequences for their actions.

I do think it's pretty ridiculous and offensive that you're saying I want my children to grow up to be wimpy generic robots simply because I don't think it's ethical for them to unknowingly make light of the Black Plague and Holocaust.

You don't have to like my opinions or explanations of why I feel the way I do, but for heavens sake have some respect and LEAVE MY CHILDREN OUT OF IT. That's a low blow and completely out of line.