View Single Post
marniewon 05:38 AM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
I wouldn't have given a reason. You do NOT need to explain yourself to them. Just say, "The rules have changed and Gpa needs to visit kids after hours or he needs to take them off the property FOR THE REST OF THE DAY if he plans on a visit."
I agree. I also agree with what nannyde said - you told them the rules, that's all they need to know, no more discussion. Don't feel bad, this is your business, you can run it any way you want, and you have all of us here backing you up telling you that your request is NOT unusual - your situation is, and there's no reason for grandpa to be there every day.

To reinforce things, I might consider sending a note home to everyone explaining, in writing that the open door policy is for parents only, not to be used everyday, not to be abused, and if anyone other than family want to visit, they may do so off-site. If mom still wants to discuss it, just tell her, these are my policies, there is no room for discussion. If gpa keeps texting you, either ignore the texts or text him back telling him to talk to mom, because that is who signed the contract. Or block him.