View Single Post
Heidi 11:42 AM 01-10-2014
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Utah has been doing this for years now. I love it. I go to a web site at the end of each month and check that funds are authorized for the next month. It tells me exactly how much. It offers third party access, which I require all state funded parents to give me. If no funds are on the card, it tells me why. If the parents hasn't turned in all the right paperwork, it tells me. No stories from the mom.

So no bad surprises on the first and no excuses possible from the mom. No funds...no care....so better get their paperwork done.

On the first of each month, funds are pulled off the card and I am paid in advance for that month. Love it.
So, Meeko, can you answer some questions? My understanding is that WI is looking at Utah for some direction on this.

Do they pay all the providers the same, according the the parents income?

Ours is set up by regions (how close to a major city, basically), by provider "star" level, by regulation level, and by center/family care. They also pay centers on enrollment...for the spot, and family only by attendance.

Do they figure the amount the parent is eligible for the same way they did before the cards? Hours worked x pay means you get x $? Like food stamps (WI uses EBT for that).