View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:16 PM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
That is what I don't get. She said she paid $360, $300 for deposit, 2 days worth of care at $60. She said the provider wants $90 to cover the other 3 days her child attended. To me, it sounds like her kid went 2 days, she gave notice, and expected the notice to cover the rest of the week and the next week and two days into the following week. kwim? With no contract, it is hard to say, but I guess that would be the reason many providers only accept or acknowledge notice on fridays. We usually get paid weekly, so I won't apply my usual weekly fee to the notice. You pay on Monday and if you decide to give notice on Tuesday, your two deposit covers the following two weeks, not the current one.
Here's how I comprehended it....

Parent is aware she DOES owe AN ADDITIONAL amount ($90) for the remainder of that week....(child attended 1 day, 1 day was a holiday so the $90 would be for the remaining 3 days of that week.

Notice of withdrawal/termination was provided MORE than 2 weeks in advance...(I'm assuming Tuesday).

Parent sounds like they weren't intentionally trying to stiff provider out of the remaining week's pay ($90) UNTIL the provider started saying the rules are that the deposit isn't going to cover the last two weeks because the parent wasn't enrolled for 3 months.

I advised parent to ask for verification of the policy and if she didn't get it to just leave and not pay anything additional BECAUSE I strongly feel that any provider that twists her policies or words or actions to suit her and only her without regard for a parent deserves the same in return.

As a business owner it is mainly MY responsibility to outline AND enforce my rules and policies and it's a parents responsibility to follow rules and policies they agreed to do.

Since this provider failed to inform her client of their (and her) responsibilities, I feel the burden of proof lies with the provider and that it was not the parent's responsibility to do anymore than she already did.