View Single Post
Unregistered 10:11 AM 01-16-2020
Ok, so I was desperate for a teacher’s schedule as I have children of my own and that is what works best for my family. A few months ago I took on a family that falls into a teachers schedule however, mom wants to call the shots and I’ve lost my backbone and am building resentment.
I think my desperation for that schedule is what allowed me to get myself into this. I should have run when mom brought a laminated list of rules she would like followed disguised as “helpful hints”. They were desperately searching for a new dc asap because their last person bailed unexpectedly and left them high and dry...I’m starting to see why.

As it turns out, he is a difficult baby that cries when he is put down and just seems to need more attention than I can give in a group setting. I thought the longer I had him I care he would become better adjusted. But he’s not. I’m struggling (partly my own fault) and I’m still getting texts from mom every morning telling me when baby will be ready for his nap, though I have been following baby’s cues over moms “suggestions” and have been honest with her about that. To which she responds with how “stubborn” baby is.

I think part of the reason I am struggling is we are going through a few big changes within the family and it’s just a lot on my plate right now. I feel like getting out of the house would help tremendously, even for a story time at the library for the toddlers, one of which is mine.

I pitched the idea to mom and she is not comfortable with baby going out without her or hubby. I respect that. However, I need to also respect my limit and I am recognizing I need to get out but I can’t! In all fairness, when we initially interviewed field trips were not on my radar and not worth the amount of work I’d have to put forth. Now I’m willing to put in the hard work to save my sanity and feel some refreshment. I have one other child that I watch and story time has been okay’d by his mom and she was excited about it.

Ideally, I would need to find a replacement before I termed but it is just getting difficult to put up with. I know I am a lot to blame because of my “flexibility “.

How do you all deal with not being able to get out of the house? What would you all do in my situation- other than having a backbone and telling them they need a nanny from day 1 😉 I would love some other perspectives and any hints on how to make things a bit more bearable while i ride out my wait to replace.