View Single Post
Snowmom 08:04 AM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
How many of you allow parents to park in your driveway? I am starting to wonder if I need to put it in my contract to not allow this anymore. Reason being: we have a two car garage, but since my son has started driving, we now have a third vehicle. He parks on the driveway. There are many mornings and some afternoons where he needs to leave and parents vehicles have blocked him in. An example: this morning he was out putting his hockey gear in his car before leaving for school. As he was doing this, a parent pulled in and parked right in the middle of the driveway blocking the way so he couldn't leave. The parent came in and said "I'll make this quick" knowing she blocked him in and he now needed to wait for her before he could leave. Why would you park there knowing you blocked him in?
I have told him that when he comes home from school he should park in the street if he is going to need to leave before parents have picked up, but he needs to be parked on the driveway overnight, especially during the winter months since it is illegal to park on the street during the winter season.
I wouldn't think street parking would be illegal during the winter unless it was overnight parking.