View Single Post
Unregistered 03:47 PM 01-22-2011
I use the Funsteps company. www.funsteps.com. There's funsteps for 3-5 yr olds and they also have one called Twosteps for 2-3 year olds, if you need one geared for toddlers (the two can be used together so that both groups are doing basically the same theme, but have different learning activities geared for the specific age groups). It's a 3 day a week pre-planned curriculum, with pre-packaged crafts. They have no more than 1 worsksheet a day, either a number or letter, sometimes none. It's mostly hand's on learning. A couple things I've found that I'm not very thrilled with is they don't focus on the alphabet or numbers very much (you have to buy seperate alphabet and number programs through them to get more practice. The curriculum includes a little, just not much. So if you want a 5 day lesson plan this would be a good thing to get), and they don't always have the "typical" themes. Most of the time only 2 days are spent on one theme. So if you want to set up your daycare or preschool for the theme that week, you're redoing everything every two days. And a lot of them aren't typical themes, like I mentioned, so you can't really set up the learning centers to go with it.
They are decently priced, and always there to help out with anything. If your number in attendance change throughout the year, they can change your order for that number. They'll work with you however you need.