View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 01:30 PM 09-14-2018
Originally Posted by Enrico:
Well. Private schools are controlled by Contract Law. When our son started there we signed a contract and they admitted in an official email that they are in violation of this contract. Usually when people are in breach of a contract there is a liability of some kind or another: one could sue for damages. For instance, had they respected the contract we would have been able to move our child to another school avoiding unnecessary hardship on him. He didn't need to know that he had been expelled.

I'm asking whether this is a complete misreading of the legal situation and whether the school didn't actually breach any contract.
I'm not sure if they breached contract. But I guess I would seek out what it is I'm looking for...Money? Retribution for your childs pain and suffering? Is it worth it to pursue? Why did they get expelled? Expulsion is pretty intense, so I doubt it was a first time offense. Was it a behavior issue? So many unknowns, so hard to give advice.

I think of daycare or private school as a service. I would expect a refund for services unrendered, but I would never expect to be paid by them if care could no longer be provided.