View Single Post
Enrico 07:56 PM 09-14-2018
Few points:
- We leave in Indiana and I'm not sure whether there is a piece of legislation equivalent to the one in Illinois.
- All of this happened in March 2017 and we did work very hard on our son to make him understand what happened.
- The reason for which the school hired an extra person to make sure this never happens again is that (1) there was a revolt of many parents and (2) one of the other teachers in my child classroom threatened to resign over his expulsion.
- In the rule book immediate expulsion is contemplated but, if one reads the words of the president of the board I pasted in the first post, she candidly admits that those conditions WERE NOT APPLICABLE TO MY SON EXPULSION. In fact, she says that the school DID NOT RESPECT THE RULE BOOK PROCEDURE.
- There is no issue with any reimbursement: we paid until the last day of school (last month was pro-rated) and we got back the deposit.
- I want to know if the there is potential criminal liability. They ignored parts of the contract put in place to protect the child from unnecessary pain and trauma. Had they invoked the immediate expulsion part of the contract things would be much more tricky because one would have to prove that they were wrong which is probably impossible; but they admit that they mistakenly kicked him out with a day notice instead of engaging in a long process which would have taken several weeks at least. I have no idea if in Indiana there is any recourse.

Thanks to everybody for replying!