View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 01:05 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
"Come to our BBQ that also happens to be our Timmy's 5th Birthday, but don't bring him a gift because he has too much already" would feel off to me. I have a hard time believing Timmy feels the same. You only get so many kid parties in a lifetime.
This is exactly my kids ... all 3 except my 2 yo, she's too young to know yet. We'll see how she is as she gets older.

My kids don't want to/have to wait for their birthday/Christmas for toys/gifts. They see something they like and ask if they have enough saved up. If they do we take them to get it, if they don't they save up for it.

My 7-year-old turns 8 next month and asked us not to throw him a birthday party this year. My 13-year-old turns 14 in December and she did too. Last year both asked for nothing and got a lot of gifts and most of it they donated to Toys for Tots. Some was clothes and that was donated to the shelter (we had the Thomas fire going on in early December). My kids just have specific styles or taste in toys and clothes and I feel like it's a waste for people to gift them things that my kids don't use. My 13yo likes punk and black ... people always buy her pink to wear