View Single Post
MyAngels 05:54 AM 10-06-2010
Originally Posted by Charity:
Wel I just registered for the program and am waiting on them to come inspect my home. But I am already a little discouraged and not sure if I want to do it already!! The lady came from the food program and sat with me going over paperwork. She informed me that we do not get paid for 3 meals .. it is eith breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner. Also she said we can only get paid for one snack. If this is the case all of my DC kids are here from 6am -6pm mostly which means they eat all 3 meals and 2 snacks.... this means it isnt worth it to be on the food program. And she stated that my child doesnt qualify to be on it and apparently only 1 of the kids out of 5 does qualify so I am sopooo lost
Just make sure you're clear on all of the rules before you start. I've never had any of my dcks not qualify for the food program, so I'm not sure what that's about. I always figured that I'm going to serve nutritious meals and snacks anyway, so I might as well get paid at least something for it. The paperwork is much easier now, too, with the online claiming option.