Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Atroya 11:39 AM 11-22-2013
And so the "bring the sick DCK to daycare" season begins. A few days ago I learned that one DCG's entire family was just getting over the flu(so is that what that cough/runny nose she had was from), they sent her to school with it too.

Today, a 4yr old DCB was coughing for a few days, so I finally asked him if mom and dad had taken his temp. He said yes, a few days ago, and said they gave him a little bit of medicine. UUGGG! My kids used to be in daycare too, so I know how hard it is to take time off of work...but when you are talking about potentially making 7 other people sick, including little ones, you suck it up and keep your kid out of daycare!!!! Send them to school if you want...but here in a home daycare setting, they are in closer quarters than at school, sharing toys, etc with little ones who stick toys in their mouths. I would so love to call the parents on it...since it is very explicitly mentioned in my contract that I do NOT want sick kids at daycare, even with a slight fever.

Maybe I should make a copy of my illness policy and post it on the door during the big cold/flu season. I need to buy stock in the hand sanitizer business. I use a squirt after every time I touch something one of the kids might have touched.

On top of all that, I have two other DCKs that have been coughing and snotting also..they are the ones I suspect of having either high functioning autism, or aspergers(mom and dad are in denial)..at 7 yrs old, they still wipe their hands on their nose, then proceed to touch everything, and both pick their noses and eat it. I have been telling them for 3 years to not pick their noses...and they still do it. Mom and dad must allow it. Just a few minutes ago, their mom sent me a text about how the one had to eat lunch with the principal today because he stomped on someone's foot....so he might be in a bad mood later. Really? Maybe it is time for mom and dad to realize that those kids, especially that one, has issues and they need to be addressed(even the school wanted them evaluated..parents said no) I have said nothing to the parents because they are super nice people, always pay on time, etc, and after hearing how irate they got with the school for suggesting it, I don't want to say anything for fear of loosing them. I am getting close to doing it though...those two are the main reason I am getting burned out on this, they are a lot to deal with..especially in the summer! The newer 4yr old DCB I have is acting kind of like them too, those behaviors really stand out. I just think...why me..am I a magnet for these people? I have never terminated anyone yet, but I think for my sanity it might start to look like a good idea to get rid of all 3 of them. I just can't afford it since daycare calls are few and far between. I should just go back to work and be done with it.

Sorry for the long vent. LOL