View Single Post
Jo123ABC 10:17 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Yesterday, shortly after breakfast, he told me he had to go to the bathroom and he peed in the toilet! He then said “mom told me I only had to go one time and I could get a toy at the store!” I told him I was so happy he went in the toilet and he should tell me each time he had to go to the bathroom so he could stay dry all day. He said, “no, mom said I only need to go one time in the toilet”🤦*♀️ And that’s exactly what he did. The rest of the day, he pooped and peed in his pull up. I guess that’s progress, but he clearly does know how to use the toilet. Agh!!
He sounds motivated by rewards, maybe you could do a sticker chart/reward chart. I do a sticker chart for being good at nap time and for no timeouts but I allow my daughter to put an extra sticker on her chart if she doesn't wet the bed. This encourages her to get up at night and go potty. The sticker charts I bought are like treasure maps and I also bought a little box that looks like a treasure chest to put little novelty toys into. (Fake tattoos, stickers, squishies, mini playdough, left over birthday favor bag goodies, etc). When they get to the end of the sticker chart they can choose a treasure. It really helps motivate them!