View Single Post
daycarediva 08:55 AM 08-12-2016
I had a conference with the parents. I recommended that we re-start a new food log. Sometimes she has reactions on her in the morning (mild-moderate reactions, only 1 thing requires benadryl which she has a dr order for and we are all careful around that item)

Parents agreed. Mom sheepishly admitted that she feels bad for dcg and gives in, because the reaction/s are mild she said it doesn't seem to be a big deal on occassion. She understood my perspective, how serious I took it, and how much it affects MY life (the added label checking, substitutions in recipes, planning, etc)

Then I recommended that she get a referral for an allergist. They have a note from their pediatrician, who only required a food log/documentation from mom to "prove" allergies. According to my own research, child should be old enough to test now.

Parents were hesitant. They finally said they don't WANT dcg to get tested because it will be painful for her. Scratch tests aren't the worst thing in the world, and the child is crazy sensitive/dramatic to the extreme over ANY injury no matter how slight. I said we need to get a new food log and eliminate the other possible allergens, then perhaps they would only test for the one allergy.

They were more receptive after that. We are doing the food log for one month, they are contacting the pediatrician.