View Single Post
childcaremom 04:53 AM 08-27-2016
Originally Posted by Lil_Diddle:
Yes, it is so frustrating. I think because it is my most challenging child and of course the one that is always here and always here the latest. I don't mind that dcm brings her on her day off because I get that she has one day every other week to run errands (get pedicures) whatever. What bothers me most is that all of my other kids are gone at 4:30 and mom will still come at 5:30. I would just appreciate that she took me into consideration and twice a month let me have an extra hour for myself and my family.
Yes, that was one of my issues. I had been looking forward to mat leave as a natural time to part ways. Then dcm put me on the spot and asked to keep bringing her. And I agreed. I didn't like that I was open an extra 75 minutes for 1 child whose mom was home and who was meltdown city for the last hour. No amount of money was worth it. I wanted the time for my own kids. So I changed it. I 'restructured'.

In your situation, I would implement a policy that summer care hours are only until x o'clock. "Effective June 2017, ABC Daycare will be operating on our reduced summer hours and will close at 4:30 pm. Regular business hours will resume September 2017." Just change it. She's not working so it won't affect her at all.