View Single Post
Play Care 03:45 AM 08-29-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Why do people open child care businesses and then complain about what clients/parents do with the services they buy?

A repeated solution is to tailor your business to only those parents that parent according to your ideas and beliefs.
This.

Also, I repeatedly see this idea that it's somehow the clients responsibility to give you a break from their kids. When you worked outside the home did your job ever say to you "you look tired, take the day off!" I'm willing to bet not!

Unlike working outside the home, here YOU are the boss and you have control over this. There is NO way I'd work an extra hour a day for ONE kid. Not because I care what the parents are doing, but because it costs me money to work and I still have to follow strict regs regardless of if I have one kid here or seven. Others have already given you great ideas on how to go about this. My suggestion is to decide if you want to make the changes and then just do it. Don't ask persmission because it gives the client the false sense of being the boss.
Good Luck!